Valent-ICE Festival This Weekend
Valent-ICE is an annual festival celebrating winter and love in Downtown Grand Rapids. This FREE EVENT is organized around Valentine’s Day, the festival features live ice carving, a walking tour of whimsical ice art, ice skating and other snowy season fun.
– Unveiling of 50+ Ice sculptures Downtown (12-7pm)
– Bubbles on ICE Happy Hour at the Downtown Market’s ice lounge (4-7pm), free 80s’ Trivia at 5:30pm hosted by Thom Hunt
– 80’s on ICE themed ice skating at Rosa Parks Circle, free 80’s trivia at 7pm and 8pm hosted by Lauren Smith ‘Shmitty’ from 104.5 SNX, photobooth, hot chocolate and a chance to win prizes. (7-9 PM)
-Vote for your favorite and enter to win Downtown Business prizes. Codes will be listed on event signage.
– Live carving of the Voters’ Choice 6,000 lb public ice sculpture. Kids activities provided by LaughFest, Grand Rapids Children’s Museum, Grand Rapids Public Museum, John Ball Zoo, The Home Depot, and Grandville Avenue Arts & Humanities. There will also be appearances from Disney’s Frozen characters and other local GR mascots, free hot chocolate, and free ice skating at Rosa Parks Circle(12-3 PM).
– Love Potions to Melt the ICE at the Downtown Market’s ice lounge (2-7pm)
– ICE Cold Brewskies with a Whiskey Warmer at the Downtown Market’s ice lounge.
– Free professional photography for Valentine’s Day sweethearts, families and others at Rosa Parks Circle (6-8pm)